Drishti Lifesaving Pvt. Ltd. is India’s premier lifesaving organization. Since it’s inception in 2008, Drishti has been a pioneer in lifesaving and safety services, offering exemplary and world-class lifesaving and safety management solutions.
We at Drishti strongly believe in exchange of ideas and sharing of technical know-how, to keep up with this we invite international (lifeguard-certified) volunteers to work with us for a minimum period of six weeks. Accommodation and food expenses will be borne by Drishti, whereas flight, travel and visa expenses would have to borne by the volunteer.
- To prevent casualties through protective and corrective measures at stipulated beaches and inland water bodies.
- To promote a safe environment for public swimming/bathing at earmarked areas in coastal waters of Goa.
- To continuously improve in the field of lifeguarding by incorporating all the latest advancements in the field.
- To create emergency response team to respond to water related disasters.
To be a leading and preferred provider of world-class lifeguard solutions and services.
THE BROADER DETAILS OF THE PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
The Land of Sea, sand and sun, Goa is famous for its parties and Portuguese culture. Goa attracts tourists from across the globe between the months of November to February.
Once smitten by its enchanting landscape, wild nightlife and laid back culture, most tourists keep coming back every year for the want of more.Drishti Lifesaving volunteer programs in Goa,India offer something for every beach lover.
- Work with a team of more than 600 Lifesavers.
- Experience the challenge of working at one of the busiest beaches in the world.
- Work in a diverse and dynamic culture.
- An opportunity to volunteer as a Beach Lifeguard
WHO CAN APPLY:
Candidates with relevant Lifeguard certification, recognised internationally.
Lifeguarding, CPR, First aid, Beach operations, Jet Ski Operation,Rescue Tube, Board and Rescue Techniques and Leadership skills.
The program will cover the following:
Accommodation during the program.
Three meals a day
Pickup and drop-off from Goa International Airport.
Wi-Fi at the guesthouse and local mobile sim card with data plan.
18 to 45 years
A good or fair understanding of English is required.
The volunteers will be provided with three meals per day.
- Accommodation will be arranged in the pre assigned guesthouses and will be equipped with bedding, pillows, blankets and bed sheets. The volunteer may have to share the accommodation with fellow volunteers.
- The guesthouse will also have an air-conditioner, water heater, and fully equipped kitchen with purified drinking water.
- Internet connection will be made available at the guesthouse.
- A domestic helper will be visiting the guesthouse for periodical cleaning of the premises.
- For laundry, the guesthouse will have a washing machine.
- Confirmed flight tickets from and to, visa, passport, health insurance and police background check (if necessary) must be submitted.
- Copy of a valid lifeguard certificate.
The visa application and processing costs will be borne by the volunteer. Drishti Lifesaving Private Limited will help the volunteer with all possible help required for the visa documentation.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM:
Flight tickets to and from, Indian visa, passport, health / travel insurance, vaccination, personal expenses, local transportation, sightseeing entry fee, spending money for bottled water, snack foods and dining out whilst on weekend excursions.
A TYPICAL DAY:
The candidate will volunteer and intern for about 9 hours a day with 1 hour of rest during the day for 5 days a week(Wednesday to Sunday). The hours may vary according the projects, and the location. Responsibilities will also vary based on level of experience, education and skill level.
If you have any questions, need clarifications or additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to assist you.